The US Navy held a keel laying and authentication ceremony for the future littoral combat ship (LCS) USS Marinette at Fincantieri Marinette Marine’s Wisconsin shipyard on Wednesday, March 27.
The Freedom-class LCS will be the second US Navy ship to be named after the city of Marinette, Wisconsin.
Like its sisters, the future USS Marinette is being built by Lockheed Martin and Fincantieri Marinette Marine.
- First steel cut for Interlake Steamship's newest bulker
- Uruguayan Navy takes delivery of two more Metal Shark 10m patrol boats
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Chinese Academy of Sciences' newest vessel floated out