The Pakistan Navy has commissioned a newbuild 15,000-tonne fleet tanker at the service’s dockyard in Karachi.
Designed by STM of Turkey, PNS Moawin is the largest naval ship ever constructed by Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works.
The ship is capable of performing a wide variety of maritime operations including provision of logistical support to other ships at sea through the transfer of fuel and other military cargo.
Moawin has flight deck space for two helicopters as well as onboard medical facilities, hence enabling the vessel to provide support for humanitarian and disaster relief operations.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance
- VESSEL REVIEW | Harald – Flexible landing craft for Stockholm archipelago