Australia has handed over command of Combined Task Force 150 to the United Kingdom.
CTF150 is a multinational naval task force established to disrupt terrorist organisations’ drug smuggling operations in the Horn of Africa region.
The handover completed Australia’s seventh rotation commanding CTF150. The task force seized 3.1 tonnes of heroin and 36 tonnes of hashish over the past six months.
Latest from The Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- UAE reports multi-ship "sabotage" following US warnings
- Australia investigates navy contract padding for Adelaide class
- Former JMSDF commander warns of Chinese sub plan for Senkaku Islands
- Additional naval vessels promised during Australian election season
- China complains about French, US FON operations