Australia has handed over command of Combined Task Force 150 to the United Kingdom.
CTF150 is a multinational naval task force established to disrupt terrorist organisations’ drug smuggling operations in the Horn of Africa region.
The handover completed Australia’s seventh rotation commanding CTF150. The task force seized 3.1 tonnes of heroin and 36 tonnes of hashish over the past six months.
Latest from The Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Iran conducts 100-warship naval exercise in Strait of Hormuz
- RIMPAC highlights US "amphibious readiness gap"
- USA: Closing of Strait of Hormuz would "demand an international response"
- Russia marks Navy Day with 26-warship fleet expansion announcement
- China donates frigate to Sri Lanka, trains military