CEMEX UK has joined with Damen Shipyards Group to build a new line of marine aggregate dredgers, with Lloyd’s Register (LR) to provide classification for the vessels.
Capable of extracting sand and gravel from the sea bed at depths up to 55 metres, this vessel has been designed to maintain operations in North Sea conditions.
CEMEX said the design offers greater efficiency, environmental credentials and the ability to transport 15 per cent more load when compared to its current dredger.
The steel cutting for the vessel will take place this year, with delivery expected at the end of 2019.
- Ports of Auckland orders world's first full-size electric tug
- Damen unveils new fish farm landing craft series
- Damen launches first aggregate dredger in series for Cemex
- Damen crewboats, configured as patrol boats, delivered to HIOSL
- Naval Group mulling possible takeover of Hanjin's Philippine shipyard