United Shipbuilding Corporation's (USC) Astrakhan Shipyard has laid the keel of a new non-self-propelled cargo pontoon under Project GRPN.
The vessel was ordered by Mashpromlizing and will be leased to Ark Shipping Company upon delivery.
The pontoon will have an LOA of 85.5 metres, a beam of 16.5 metres, a draught of 3.11 metres, and a cargo hold capacity of 3,000 tonnes.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service