Construction has started at Nanjing Jinling Shipyard on the first of Grimaldi Group’s new series of 12 hybrid freighters designed by Knud E. Hansen.
The ship class, of which three modified versions will sail for Finnlines, has an intake of 7,800 lane metres on five decks. Each vessel will also be fitted with exhaust gas scrubbers, 600 square metres of solar panels, large capacity batteries, and air lubrication technology whereby the ship will ride on a carpet of micro bubbles, thus reducing the frictional resistance between the hull and the water.
The 65,000-tonne ships will have a length of 238 metres and a beam of 34 metres.
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Sentinel Marine unveils first images of new ERRV trio
- PLAN decommissions four Type 051 destroyers