Singapore-based Pacific International Lines (PIL) has used an electronic bill of lading (e-BL) built on IBM’s blockchain platform in a real-time plot tracking shipment of 28 tonnes of mandarin oranges from China for the Lunar New Year celebrations.
PIL said in a statement that the administrative process of transferring the title deed that would have normally taken five to seven days was reduced to just one second during this trial of the platform.
Hupco, a major Singaporean importer of mandarin oranges, took part in the e-BL trial as the consignee of 3,000 cartons containing approximately 108,000 oranges.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia