Pacifica Shipping, the New Zealand operating division of China Navigation Company (CNCo), has acquired a 1,700TEU containership for an undisclosed sale price.
Moana Chief is expected to commence operations under its new owners in September 2019.
The vessel will be deployed on Pacifica's New Zealand coastal shipping routes alongside the 1,100TEU Spirit of Canterbury (pictured).
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy