Turkey's Cemre Shipyard has cut the first steel for one of two midwater pelagic trawlers in a series ordered by Irish fishing company Atlantic Dawn Group.
The Salt Ship-designed 64- by 14-metre vessel will be named Leila.
The trawler is BV-classed and will have a refrigerated seawater (RSW) tank capacity of 1,520 cubic metres.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy