Shipbuilder SMS Southampton has won a contract to build a 24-metre aquaculture vessel for a tuna farm operator in Malta.
This latest vessel has 24 metres LOA, 8.5m beam, and a three-metre draught. She will be built to the MCA-MGN-280-Catergory 1 (150nm from safe haven) workboat code.
The vessel is expected to be delivered to the owner mid-summer 2019. Her principle purpose will be tuna harvesting and aquaculture logistical and maintenance support.
Main engines are two Caterpillar Acert 18s of 448kW at 1,800rpm, powering four-blade propellers via ZF 560W inline gearboxes.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials