Shipbuilder SMS Southampton has won a contract to build a 24-metre aquaculture vessel for a tuna farm operator in Malta.
This latest vessel has 24 metres LOA, 8.5m beam, and a three-metre draught. She will be built to the MCA-MGN-280-Catergory 1 (150nm from safe haven) workboat code.
The vessel is expected to be delivered to the owner mid-summer 2019. Her principle purpose will be tuna harvesting and aquaculture logistical and maintenance support.
Main engines are two Caterpillar Acert 18s of 448kW at 1,800rpm, powering four-blade propellers via ZF 560W inline gearboxes.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia