Fishing vessel builder Karstensen Shipyard has established a new Polish subsidiary in Gdynia.
Karstensen Shipyard Poland has taken over the production facilities of Vistal Offshore, a production plant built in 2013, which is fitted primarily for hull production.
The production facilities consist of two building halls measuring 200 by 30 by 30 metres and150 by 30 by 20 metres with associated offices and staff facilities. Karstensen will take over the facilities as of the 1st July 2018 on a three-year lease.
The first hull from Karstensen Shipyard Poland is planned for completion in the spring of 2019 and will be towed to Skagen for fitting out in the summer, with final delivery to owner, Scottish company Lunar Fishing, in January 2020.
- Hoekman to build twin-rigger for Urk owner
- Van den Herik secures dredging contract in Poland
- Van Oord and Dredging International awarded contract for deepening and widening of Świnoujście–Szczecin fairway
- Royal Navy commissions tanker
Norled orders two more hybrid ferries from Remontowa
in Ro-Pax World
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance