Fishing vessel builder Karstensen Shipyard has established a new Polish subsidiary in Gdynia.
Karstensen Shipyard Poland has taken over the production facilities of Vistal Offshore, a production plant built in 2013, which is fitted primarily for hull production.
The production facilities consist of two building halls measuring 200 by 30 by 30 metres and150 by 30 by 20 metres with associated offices and staff facilities. Karstensen will take over the facilities as of the 1st July 2018 on a three-year lease.
The first hull from Karstensen Shipyard Poland is planned for completion in the spring of 2019 and will be towed to Skagen for fitting out in the summer, with final delivery to owner, Scottish company Lunar Fishing, in January 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding