Meyer Werft floated out Spirit of Discovery, the first of two new cruise ships for British operator Saga Cruises, on Sunday, May 12.
The vessel has since been moved to Meyer Werft’s outfitting pier for further tests.
The 236- by 31-metre Spirit of Discovery will have capacity for 999 guests and 530 crew once completed.
- Shearwater awarded Senegal offshore acquisition contract
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- COLUMN | UK maritime autonomous system programmes gather momentum [Naval Gazing]
- Delivery of Russian submarine Kazan to be delayed