US-based Metal Shark Boats has partnered with the Bahamas National Trust (BNT) to support the preservation of the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park, a protected area and home to the second-largest coral barrier reef in the western hemisphere.
BNT, a non-profit organisation, manages and protects the sea park as part of its duties as regards the preservation and management of the Bahamas national park system.
Metal Shark will support the park’s full-time staff and volunteers by providing boats, technical assistance, and funding to support research, conduct wildlife inventories, and patrol the park’s waters to guard against poaching and to prevent damage to the fragile ecosystem.
BNT is currently working with Metal Shark’s engineering and special projects teams to optimise the designs of several Metal Shark vessels to allow for long-term service in the Bahamian environment with a minimal environmental footprint.
- Austal awarded LCS 36 and 38 contract
- US federal court fines Greece’s Navimax US$2 million for illegal oil discharge
- Future USS St. Louis christened and launched
- Electric Boat awarded US$346 million contract for Virginia-class submarine work
- McDermott and BHGE selected as development partners for Equus gas project