Cammell Laird has launched Red Kestrel, a new £10 million (US$13 million) Ro-Ro vessel being built for Isle of Wight operator Red Funnel.
The freight-only Ro-Ro vessel will operate between Southampton and the Isle of Wight upon entering service in May following a trials and training period.
Red Kestrel has a length of 74 metres and a freight capacity of 265 lane metres. It will be the first dedicated Ro-Ro freight ship to join the Red Funnel fleet.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic