UK-based Ferguson Marine Engineering has secured a contract to build an air cushioned barge for CMI Offshore subsidiary Mangistau ACV Solutions.
The 55- by 24-metre vessel will be one of the world’s first self-propelled air cushion barges, capable of carrying a payload of up to 150 tonnes over tundra, swamps, ice, and water.
The project has an estimated completion scheduled in 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy