UK-based Ferguson Marine Engineering has secured a contract to build an air cushioned barge for CMI Offshore subsidiary Mangistau ACV Solutions.
The 55- by 24-metre vessel will be one of the world’s first self-propelled air cushion barges, capable of carrying a payload of up to 150 tonnes over tundra, swamps, ice, and water.
The project has an estimated completion scheduled in 2019.
- Cowes Harbour Commission and Diverse Marine sign patrol RIB contract
- Royal Navy survey ship assists in Antarctic sea level research mission
- Solstad wins two new CSV contracts
- Sentinel Marine to acquire three additional ERRVs by 2020
Sovcomflot orders LNG-fueled product tanker trio from Zvezda Shipyard
in Tanker World
Latest from Nelson E. Dela Cruz
- Vessel involved in human smuggling runs aground off Palawan, Philippines
- Rodman and Aqualiner sign catamaran ferry contract
- Navantia cuts first steel of lead ship of new Saudi corvette class
- TSB report states crew fatigue led to 2017 Ocean Monarch incident
- Construction vessel Toisa Pegasus joins Subsea 7 fleet