Athens-based dry bulk vessel owner Diana Shipping has entered a time charter contract with Rotterdam-based Glencore Agriculture for the Panamax vessel, Calipso.
The 2005-built Calipso is a 73,691DWT Panamax dry bulk vessel.
The gross charter rate is US$12,200 a day, minus a five per cent commission paid to third parties, for a period of 15 to 18 months.
The charter, which is expected to generate US$5.3 million for the minimum period, was expected to commence on March 12.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service