A naming ceremony was recently held for COSCO Shipping Lotus, a new 13,500TEU containership ordered by COSCO Shipping Container Transportation.
The ship is the sixth in a series of eight 13,500TEU vessels ordered by COSCO Shipping from Hudong Zhonghua Shipbuilding.
COSCO Shipping Lotus will have an LOA of 366 metres, a beam of 48 metres, and a deadweight of 145,000 tonnes.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service