CMA CGM has signed an agreement to acquire Containerships, a Finnish shipping company, from Container Finance.
Containerships is an Intra-European short sea specialist with a strong presence in the Baltic market, Russia, Northern Europe, North Africa and Turkey. It will complement McAndrews, CMA CGM’s affiliate service in the region.
Containerships will take delivery of four LNG-fuelled vessels between August 2018 and January 2019.
The transaction remains subject to approval by the relevant authorities.
Deltamarin and Elomatic to design second Global class cruise ship for MV Werften
Rauma to build LNG-fueled Ro-Pax for Tallinn-Helsinki route
in Ro-Pax World
- MAIB report reveals pilot’s accountability in 2017 UAE containership accident
- FEATURE | The end of Scandinavian non-alignment
- CMA CGM containership crashes into dock near Mumbai
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials