UK-based Seajacks International has conditionally been awarded a contract with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) for the transport and installation of wind turbines at the Formosa 2 wind farm offshore Taiwan.
The company is planning to mobilise the installation jack-up Seajacks Scylla (pictured) to execute this work.
Formosa 2, developed by Macquarie Capital and Swancor Renewable Energy, will consist of 47 offshore wind turbines. Installation is scheduled for the summer of 2021.
Seajacks Scylla will be the second Seajacks vessel to be deployed for work with SGRE in Taiwan. Sister vessel Seajacks Zaratan is already in Taiwan and contracted to SGRE for the installation of 20 turbines at the Formosa 1 Phase 2 wind farm.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy