Focus on Tug and Salvage Operations
This month’s featured tugs once again include newbuild deliveries to clients across a broad geographic scope, from North America to Western Europe, the Mediterranean and the Far East. Some are multi-role vessels with secondary emergency response capability to better serve other stakeholders within their respective homeports.
Tugs • Towboats • Pusher Tugs • ATBs • Salvage • Autonomy • Marine Environment
Two of the featured tugs this month are notable for utilising compact catamaran hulls for greater stability. These unique vessels are already in operation with a customer in the UK.
Keep visiting Baird Maritime over the coming weeks to be updated on the latest developments in the ever-vital tug and marine salvage sectors.
- Ri Gang Tuo 1 – Chinese Yellow Sea port operator welcomes two new tugs to fleet
- Samson – Compact catamaran tugs handed over to UK operator
- SL Ibo – Turkish-built FLNG support tug trio for Smit Lamnalco’s Mozambique operations
- VESSEL REFIT | Delores – Repowered tug to take on bridge maintenance in San Francisco Bay Area
- Safi-14 – Turkey’s Safi Maritime takes delivery of locally-built ship handling and firefighting tug
- Saam James Point – Versatile ASD tug to serve Canada’s Vancouver Harbour
Features and Opinion:
– “The loss of life was not even considered.”
– by Kent Stewart, Baird Maritime‘s resident expert on commercial shipping and the offshore industries
News and Gear:
- Ferry loses power following cargo fire in Baltic Sea
- Salvage to commence on sunken fishing vessel off San Juan Island, Washington
- Nine missing, one injured after fire ignites on ferry in Batangas, Philippines
- Salvors complete removal of sunken tugs at Devonport, Australia
- Tug and Salvage Vessel News Roundup | August 24 – Large heavy transport ship for China, Dutch and Brazilian orders and more
- Tug and Salvage Vessel News Roundup | August 17 – Ammonia refit in Japan, Germany and Brazil orders, recent float-out in Turkey
- Nine rescued from listing superyacht off Italy’s Mediterranean coast
Recent Important Features:
– “As usual, whistle-blowers put their lives on the line to expose the truth, and as usual, they were threatened and abused, and worse.”
– by Hieronymus Bosch, Baird Maritime‘s anonymous insider in the world of offshore oil and gas operations
Remember to come back every day to see the latest news, opinion and vessel reviews!
Call for content!
Any news or views about the global tug and salvage sectors? Send it through to [email protected] ASAP (between now and September 2), so we can add it to this current edition of Tug and Salvage Week!
We are after:
- Vessels – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Gear – Latest innovations and technology in the tug and salvage sector
- Interviews – Owners, operators, builders, designers, etc.
- Reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, amusing or downright dangerous anecdotes from your time in the tug and salvage world? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news
Stay updated on future Tug and Salvage Weeks
Sign up here to be notified in advance about future Tug and Salvage Weeks.