United Shipbuilding Corporation's (USC) Severnaya Verf has laid the keel of Kapitan Ostashkov, the third Project 170701 freezer trawler ordered by Norebo Group.
The vessel will be used to fish for cod, haddock, and other bottom-dwelling fish species in the northeast Atlantic.
The trawler will have a length of 81.6 metres, a beam of 16 metres, a displacement of 5,500 tonnes, a speed of 15 knots, a crew of 80, a freezing capacity of 100 tonnes per day, and a processing capacity of 150 tonnes per day.
Kapitan Ostashkov is scheduled to be delivered to Norebo subsidiary Karelian Seafood in 2021.
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic
- Research ship Akademik Alexandrov begins acceptance trials
- Özata cuts steel for Bø Havfiske seiner
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy