Focus on Maritime Security
Baird Maritime continues its coverage of the global maritime security sector with the latest news, features, and reviews of vessels in service with both naval and non-naval operators.
Assault Craft • Interceptors • Patrol • Police • Coast Guard • Naval
Featured are a new inshore patrol vessel for South Africa, a high-speed boat for Italy’s financial police force, a prototype RIB designed and built in the UK, and an environmental monitoring ship for a nature preserve in Chinese waters.
The maritime security world is one of constant technological innovation to keep up with changing times and dealing with evolving threats, as readers of Baird Maritime are sure to see in the coming days.
- Zhongguo Hai Jian 7009 – Monitoring vessel for China’s Nanji Islands Marine Reserve
- Hunter – New UK-built multi-mission RIB for police and military use
- Sekhukhune – South African Navy to use locally-built vessel for inshore patrols
- Interceptor with 68 knots top speed delivered to Italian financial police
News, Gear and Book Reviews:
- Romanian Navy ship damaged by mine in Black Sea
- BOOK REVIEW | Working Boats: An Inside Look at Ten Amazing Watercraft
- Maritime Security Vessel News Roundup | September 8 – India’s newest aircraft carrier, an attack submarine for the UK, and Canadian, French, and Philippine patrol vessels
- Emergency Service Vessel News Roundup | September 6 – Nigerian ambulance boat, litter-collecting craft for Philippine Coast Guard and more
- GEAR | Gensets selected for future German Navy frigates
- Maritime Security Vessel News Roundup | September 1 – Patrol boats for the North Sea and Minnesota, a future US Navy aircraft carrier and more
- US Navy foils Iranian attempt to capture unmanned vessel in Arabian Gulf
- Ferry loses power following cargo fire in Baltic Sea
- Nine missing, one injured after fire ignites on ferry in Batangas, Philippines
- BOOK REVIEW | The Scrap Iron Flotilla: Five Valiant Destroyers and the Australian War in the Mediterranean
Recent Important Features:
– “Canberra needs to manage Manila’s expectations of what Australia can realistically deliver, short of a formal alliance.”
– by Euan Graham, senior fellow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies
Remember to come back every day to see the latest news, opinion and vessel reviews!
Call for content!
Any news or views about the global maritime security sectors? Send it through to [email protected] ASAP (between now and September 9), so we can add it to this current edition of Maritime Security Week!
We are after:
- Vessels – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Gear – Latest innovations and technology in the maritime security vessel sector
- Interviews – Owners, operators, water police, navies, coast guards etc.
- Reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, amusing or downright dangerous anecdotes from your time in the maritime security world? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news
Stay updated on future Maritime Security Weeks
Sign up here to be notified in advance about future Maritime Security Weeks.