Norway’s Simek shipyard has delivered a new combination netter and longliner to its owners in Godøy.
Veidar is a Rolls-Royce design that uses Polish-built prefabricated sections and the aluminium superstructure constructed at Flekkefjord Shipyard.
Built for the Ålesund-based Veidar, Veidar measures 55.5-metres by 13.2 metres and has a 916-cubic-metre refrigerated fishroom.
Rolls-Royce supplied the 1920kW Bergen main engine, which provides a 14-knot service speed.
Veidar accommodates a crew of 25 in 16 cabins.
Oma Baatbyggeri and Norled sign contract for third passenger catamaran
- FMV and Salt Ship Design to collaborate on second fishing vessel for Cetus
- Jemar Norpower delivers gillnetter to Botnhamn owner
- Höegh LNG takes delivery of ninth FSRU
- LMG Marin wins Norwegian Institute of Marine Research vessel design contract
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west