Nauta Shiprepair Yard at Gdańsk has launched a partly outfitted pelagic trawler bound for the Shetland Islands.
Being built on behalf of Karstensens Skibsvaerft in Poland, the 82-metre by 17-metre vessel Serene will be operated in the Atlantic Ocean by Serene Fishing Company.
Featuring a 5.9-metre draught, Serene will be powered by a MAN engine and equipped with two MAN 1250kWe auxiliary engines and propelled by a Scana Volda propeller plant.
- New Skipsteknisk-designed trawler for Scottish owners nears completion
- Karstensens to build shrimp trawler for Danish owners
- Hoekman to build twin-rigger for Urk owner
- Van den Herik secures dredging contract in Poland
- Van Oord and Dredging International awarded contract for deepening and widening of Świnoujście–Szczecin fairway