Icelandic fishing company Einhamar has accepted delivery of a large autoliner newbuild from Trefjar.
Designed as a dedicated autoliner, Vésteinn (GK-88) has an enclosed deck and a separate hauling compartment.
A sister vessel to the 2014-delivered Gísli Súrsson (GK-8) and Auður Vésteins (SU-88), Vésteinn has a fishroom with capacity for 41 460-litre tubs.
Powered by a 656kW Doosan engine, Vésteinn accommodates five crew, a well-equipped galley and a mess area.
- First of two trawlers in series delivered to Royal Greenland
- Trefjar delivers mackerel boat to Shetland owners
- Trefjar delivers second 10-metre crabber to Scottish owners
- Vard floats out new trawler for Bergur-Huginn
- VESSEL REVIEW | Loki – Icelandic Coast Guard SAR RIB for some of the world’s toughest conditions