Icelandic fishing company Einhamar has accepted delivery of a large autoliner newbuild from Trefjar.
Designed as a dedicated autoliner, Vésteinn (GK-88) has an enclosed deck and a separate hauling compartment.
A sister vessel to the 2014-delivered Gísli Súrsson (GK-8) and Auður Vésteins (SU-88), Vésteinn has a fishroom with capacity for 41 460-litre tubs.
Powered by a 656kW Doosan engine, Vésteinn accommodates five crew, a well-equipped galley and a mess area.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine
- New icebreaker for Australia floated out at Damen Shipyards Galati
- Oren Shipbuilding delivers four survey boats to Dubai
- Parkol Marine Engineering launches 20m scalloper for Isle of Islay