Icelandic fishing company Einhamar has accepted delivery of a large autoliner newbuild from Trefjar.
Designed as a dedicated autoliner, Vésteinn (GK-88) has an enclosed deck and a separate hauling compartment.
A sister vessel to the 2014-delivered Gísli Súrsson (GK-8) and Auður Vésteins (SU-88), Vésteinn has a fishroom with capacity for 41 460-litre tubs.
Powered by a 656kW Doosan engine, Vésteinn accommodates five crew, a well-equipped galley and a mess area.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry