Focus on Passenger Vessels
Baird Maritime kicks off the month of September by focusing on the ever-important and steadily growing passenger vessel industry. This week, we take a closer look at a unique selection of vessels, from inner city ferries to small luxury cruise ships serving routes in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean.
Ferries • Ro-Pax • Marine Tourism • Cruise • River/Lake Operations
Catamarans figure prominently this week as indicated by recently delivered electric ferries in the UK and the Netherlands and even a coastal catamaran cruise ship for a US operator for service on domestic routes.
Continue to visit these pages over the coming days for the latest news, features, and opinion pieces covering the global passenger vessel industry.
- Estelle – Autonomous electric ferry enters service in Stockholm
- Artemis – Whale-watching boat for Hawaiian waters
- American Eagle – American Cruise Lines welcomes coastal catamaran to fleet
- Insula Oya III – Inter-island Ro-Pax for Western French operator
- Richmond – LNG-fuelled ferry built for Germany’s Lake Constance
- Gorinchem XII – Electric double-ended ferries for Dutch inland transport company
- Fort Pyetr I – Inner city tour and commuter shuttle delivered to Russian owner
- Earth Clipper – UK’s first hybrid fast ferry to operate on River Thames
- Emerald Sakara – Luxury yacht-style cruise ship for Mediterranean and Caribbean itineraries
- Ekokhod – Catamaran tour boat begins sailings on Russia’s Yenisei River
News and Gear:
- Indonesian ferry catches fire during cargo operations
- Finnish engineering firm unveils floating cruise terminal designs
- Danish accident investigators publish report on 2022 Stena Line ferry fire
- Insurance union publishes recommendations on safe carriage of electric vehicles
- Who’s Who: Maritime Movements for July/August 2023
- European Shipping Summit 2023 side session: choosing shipping
- Passenger Vessel News Roundup | August 29 – Newbuild US catamaran cruise ship, a Chinese electric tour boat and more
- Philippine transportation department unveils upgrade plans for 14 ports
Recent Important Features:
– “This whole sorry tale is a case study in Sunk Cost Fallacy and in the perils of awarding public contracts to local champions.”
– by Hieronymus Bosch, Baird Maritime’s anonymous insider in the world of offshore oil and gas operations
Remember to come back every day to see the latest news, opinion and vessel reviews!
Call for content!
Any news or views about the global maritime tourism, ferry and cruise industries? Send it through to [email protected] ASAP (between now and September 8), so we can add it to this current edition of Passenger Vessel Week!
We are after:
- Vessels – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Gear – Latest innovations and technology in the passenger vessel sector
- Interviews – Owners, operators, terminal authorities, passenger vessel associations, etc.
- Reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, amusing or downright dangerous anecdotes from your time in the passenger vessel world? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news
Stay updated on future Passenger Vessel Weeks
Sign up here to be notified in advance about future Passenger Vessel Weeks.