Focus on Marine Projects
This month’s focus on the marine projects sector encompasses a range of vessels serving various duties. Dredgers have begun operating in the cold waters of the Russian Arctic and in the North Sea off the Dutch coast. Also featured are two floating crane vessels for Bangladesh and China.
Dredging and Land Reclamation • Maritime Infrastructure Development • Installation and Decommissioning • Maritime Surveying • Port Development • Offshore Wind Farm Development
We will also feature a unique floating city project to be put up in South Korean waters. This massive structure consisting of interconnected communities will be able to house over 12,000 people once completed.
Keep visiting Baird Maritime to read the latest developments as the global marine projects sector continues its steady expansion.
- Zephir – Compact dredger for Russian Arctic operator
- Wu Dong De – Chinese-built large crane ship boasts 3,000-tonne lifting capacity
- Krakesandt – Dutch operator takes delivery of 3,000cbm hopper dredger
Features and Opinion:
– “The interconnected neighbourhoods total 6.3 hectares and include up to 40,000 square metres of mixed-use space.”
News and Gear:
- Dredging works completed at Joint Base Langley-Eustis Third Port pier complex in Virginia
- Belarus mulls building additional ports to expand trade with Russia
- Partnership to build LNG terminal at Sweden’s Oxelösund Port
- New container terminal completed at Indonesia’s Pontianak Port
- Dredging set for Maryland’s Fishing Creek navigation channel
- South Port New Zealand taps local contractor for dredging works
- Cambodia’s Sihanoukville Port to undergo container capacity expansion
- Offshore Projects News Roundup | August 5 – Succession of installation works in Europe and the Americas, surveys in Eastern Hemisphere
- Marine Projects Vessel News Roundup | August 3 – Dredger deliveries to Colombia, Belgium, Spain and Indonesia, launch of new CSD for Texas operator, Dutch-designed newbuilding for Great Lakes
- Three Arkansas ports to receive over US$1.9 million in grant awards for facility improvements
- Federal funding secured for expansion of Canada’s Oshawa Port
- US Senate approves Texas Gulf Coast hurricane protection measure
Recent Important Features:
– “Despite the rather poor financial returns the wind farm players have delivered so far, investor interest is not going away, as European governments seek to continue investment in offshore wind to reduce their exposure to Russian gas.”
– by Hieronymus Bosch, Baird Maritime‘s anonymous insider in the world of offshore oil and gas operations
Remember to come back every day to see the latest news, opinion and vessel reviews!
Call for content!
Any news or views about the global marine project sector? Send it through to [email protected] ASAP (between now and August 12), so we can add it to this current edition of Marine Projects Week!
We are after:
- Vessels – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Gear – Latest innovations and technology in the marine projects sector
- Interviews – Owners, operators, dredging companies, marine contractors, port developers, etc.
- Reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, amusing or downright dangerous anecdotes from your time in the marine projects world? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news