

Authorities in Zimbabwe have confirmed the recovery of 12 additional victims' bodies following a ferry capsizing that occurred near the border with Zambia early last week.
The additional remains were recovered on Sunday, August 16, just one day after local officials announced that the death toll from the August 11 capsizing of the ferry Mbuya Nehanda had reached 72.
Police said the current death toll of 84 also includes 18 small children, most of whom were aged 10 or younger.
Only 77 survivors have been reported following the capsizing, which local officials said is the deadliest maritime accident to occur on record in Zimbabwe.
Reports stated that the vessel overturned after being struck by a strong wave while underway on Lake Kariba between the Mashonaland West towns of Kariba and Chalala.
Officials said the ferry was authorised to carry no more than 90 passengers and five crewmembers. However, reports revealed that the vessel may have been transporting as many as 153 passengers when the tragedy occurred.
Police assured that the search and recovery effort will continue to attempt to locate other people who may have been on the ferry at the time of the incident.
Baird Maritime tracks global passenger vessel accidents in its comprehensive database, which can be accessed here.