Focus on Tug and Salvage Operations
This week on Baird Maritime, we once again take a closer look at new tugs and salvage vessels entering service worldwide. The lineup of reviewed vessels includes ship handling tugs for China and Thailand, a multi-role harbour tug for India, and a hybrid electric barge handling boat for US inland waters.
Tugs • Towboats • Pusher Tugs • ATBs • Salvage • Autonomy • Marine Environment
Considering the inherent versatility of many new vessels in the global towage industry, it is not surprising that tugs are also seeing increasing use within the emergency services sector, which we will also look into this week.
Continue to visit Baird Maritime for the latest developments in this ever-important sector of the shipping industry.
- River Pearl 10 – Multi-role tug handed over to Indian port services provider
- Green Diamond – Hybrid electric pusher for Kirby Corporation’s inland shipping division
- Cao Gang 30 – Ship assist and firefighting tugs for China’s Caofeidian Port
- Tachai – Ship handling tug delivered to Royal Thai Navy
News and Gear:
- Cargo ship catches fire while undergoing repairs in Taiwan
- Tug and Salvage Vessel News Roundup | September 5 – Navy tugs, electric inland pusher plus a recent launch
- Tug and Salvage Vessel News Roundup | August 24 – Deliveries to Canada and UAE plus Danish and Greek newbuilding orders
- One killed after tug collides with LPG carrier in Suez Canal
- Excessive speed during harbour manoeuvres caused tug to collide with containership, NTSB report reveals
- Tug and Salvage Vessel News Roundup | July 26 – Canadian and Polish newbuilds plus a future US Navy salvage ship
Recent Important Features:
– “The risk of a massive oil spill in the Red Sea is now averted.”
– by Hieronymus Bosch, Baird Maritime’s anonymous insider in the world of offshore oil and gas operations
Remember to come back every day to see the latest news, opinion and vessel reviews!
Call for content!
Any news or views about the global tug and salvage sectors? Send it through to [email protected] ASAP (between now and September 22), so we can add it to this current edition of Tug and Salvage Week!
We are after:
- Vessels – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Gear – Latest innovations and technology in the tug and salvage sector
- Interviews – Owners, operators, builders, designers, etc.
- Reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, amusing or downright dangerous anecdotes from your time in the tug and salvage world? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news
Stay updated on future Tug and Salvage Weeks
Sign up here to be notified in advance about future Tug and Salvage Weeks.