Marine towage operator Svitzer has welcomed the delivery of its 20.45-metre multi-purpose harbour workboat for use at Milford Haven, England.
Delivered by Southampton Marine Services, the Svitzer Merlin is a twin screw, pontoon style, shallow-draught work vessel designed by Argyll Maritime Design Services. With a small superstructure and wheelhouse on the portside aft, her large clear deck space across the bow will accommodate 12 waste skips and several pallets.
Svitzer’s Port Manager at Milford Haven Keith Furlong said Svitzer Merlin would support oil and gas ships, general port collection work and recycling of waste from ships.
A member of the Maersk Group, Svitzer has 440 vessels in 32 countries.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy