UAE shipbuilder Drydocks World Dubai has held a steel-cutting ceremony to mark the start of construction of a new asymmetric tractor tug for Spanish operator P&O Reyser.
The 27-metre tug, which will be operated by P&O Reyser in the Port of Barcelona, will be the first tug in the Mediterranean to comply with the IMO Tier III, MARPOL Annex VI when it enters service in mid-2020.
In addition to ensuring reduced carbon and noise emissions, the tug's two MAN 12V175D 2,220kW engines will deliver a bollard pull of 75 tonnes.
The LR-classed vessel will be designed by Cintranaval.
- Armon floats out first of four freezer trawlers for Nueva Pescanova
- Fumigation may be less effective against certain grain cargo pests than thought
- Freire launches fisheries patrol boat for Kuwait
- Swire Blue Ocean vessel chartered by SGRE
- Swedish port operator takes delivery of hybrid icebreaking tug