Washington State towage provider Western Towboat has launched a new tug being built at the company's own shipyard in Seattle.
The vessel will be named Mariner and will be the 23rd tug to join the Western Towboat fleet.
The tug has a length of 80 feet (24 metres), a draught of 15 feet (4.5 metres), and will be powered by two Caterpillar 2,000hp (1,490kW) engines.
- Nearly two million litres of oil recovered from WWII-era shipwreck off New York
- Foss' newest tug additions begin work in Alaska's North Slope
- Wuchang launches second littoral mission ship for Malaysian navy
- Japan launches second Maya-class destroyer
- US tug operator pleads guilty in Canada for 2016 BC oil spill