Sanmar Shipyards of Turkey has begun construction of a new series of escort and line handling tugs designed by Robert Allan Ltd.
The tugs have a length of 32 metres and satisfy both BV and RINA rules and regulations applicable to escort and FiFi1 tugs.
The first two units of the new tug series are scheduled to be delivered to Orkney Islands Council Marine Services between May and August 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service