Damen Shipyards Group has signed a contract with Neue Schleppdampfschiffsreederei Louis Meyer for the supply of an ASD tug to be named Jan.
The 24- by 11-metre, 70-tonne bollard pull vessel was built for stock at Damen Shipyards Changde in China before being transported to the Netherlands. It will then undergo finishing at Damen Maaskant Shipyards Stellendam and be delivered to its new owner in June.
As part of the finishing, the tug will be equipped with firefighting capability according to FiFi1 regulations.
Jan will operate primarily in the Port of Hamburg as well as other German ports as required.
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- Jan De Nul launches fourth ultra-low emission vessel
- Sentinel Marine unveils first images of new ERRV trio