Nichols Brothers Boat Builders of Seattle has delivered a newbuild hybrid tractor tug to San Francisco-based Baydelta Maritime.
Designed by Jensen Maritime Consultants, Delta Teresa is the seventh tug that Nichols Brothers has delivered to Baydelta and the first to run on diesel-electric propulsion.
The tug has a length of 100 feet (30.4 metres), a beam of 40 feet (12 metres), a bollard pull of 80 tonnes, two Caterpillar C3516C 5,350hp (kW) diesel engines, and two 424kW electric motors.
- PSV delivered to Seacor and COSCO joint venture
- Heerema to provide T&I services for largest offshore wind farm in US
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- HSL delivers fourth of six tugs in series to Indian Navy
- COLUMN | McDermott International acquisition “spent $16 million on hookers” in Colombian corruption claim [Offshore Accounts]