The government of the Dutch province of Groningen christened a new electrically powered workboat at Niestern Sander’s shipyard in Farmsum on Thursday, March 14.
The vessel, which will replace a 46-year-old workboat delivered by the same shipyard, has been named PW-18.
The vessel will be used for monitoring and enforcement duties as well as for supervising special transports by water throughout the province’s nearly 143 kilometres of waterways.
- Szczecin, Gdynia maritime offices to get two new research vessels in 2020
- Tainted offshore projects cause drop in Boskalis' 1H2019 EBITDA to €135.7 million
Brevik Fergeselskap orders electric ferry from Holland Shipyards
in Ro-Pax World
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Jianglong launches first of three patrol boats for CMSA's Fujian branch
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy