Poland’s Remontowa Shipbuilding laid the keel of the second of two multi-purpose workboats for the Gdynia and Szczecin Maritime Offices in a ceremony on Thursday, March 7.
The vessel will be primarily used for the transport and maintenance of buoys in both coastal areas and inland waterways but will also have secondary towing, firefighting, search and rescue (SAR), and hydrographic survey capabilities.
Delivery of the tender is scheduled for 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding