Danish operator Svitzer has ordered five new ASD tugs from Turkish shipbuilder Sanmar.
The Robert Allan Ltd-designed vessels will be used to work on a 15-year contract with Sohar Industrial Port in Oman.
Three of the tugs will utilise a 29.4- by 13.3-metre 80-tonne bollard pull design (pictured) while the remaining two will be of a 22.4- by 10.84-metre 50-tonne bollard pull design.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy