Turkey’s TOR Group of Companies has signed a contract with Robert Allan Ltd for the design of three tugs in a series ordered by the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA).
The BV-classed tugs will be equipped to fulfil a multitude of missions, including but not limited to ship-assist, firefighting, and pollution response.
Each tug will have a length of 33 metres, a crew of eight, and a bollard pull of 80 tonnes.
Delivery is expected before the end of 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy