Smit Lamnalco has been awarded an exclusive licence by Gladstone Ports Corporation (GPC) to supply towage services in the Port of Gladstone in Queensland.
The licence will commence on January 1, 2019, for a five-year term with an option to extend for a further three years to December 31, 2026.
The Port of Gladstone is one of Queensland’s largest multi-commodity ports and serves an area rich in natural resources. Its major cargoes include coal, bauxite, alumina, aluminium, cement, and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
Smit Lamnalco has been providing harbour towage services at the Port of Gladstone since 2011.
Eleven tugs will be deployed to service both harbour and LNG customers.
- More than 20 rescued from burning longliner in Indian Ocean
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- Bermuda's "white elephant" police patrol boat sold to private owner
- WORKBOATS AT WORK | Australian animal rescue fleet saving sea life from shark nets
- Fortescue inaugurates newest tugs