United Shipbuilding Corporation’s (USC) Khabarovsk Shipyard laid the keel of the first tug under Project 00440 on Tuesday, November 27.
The tug will be operated by Amur Shipyard, a sister company under USC.
It will have a length of 35 metres, a width of 9.5 metres, a maximum draught of 3.5 metres, a speed of 12 knots, and a crew of eight.
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding lays keel of third Project HB600 self-propelled barge
- Huntington Ingalls Industries launches Virginia-class submarine Delaware
- Russian Navy oceanographic vessel Akademik Alexandrov begins sea trials
- US Navy lays keel of future USS Mobile
- USC to build additional Project 11711 landing ships