Turkish shipbuilder RMK Marine has received an order for two 70-tonne bollard pull tugs from an unnamed local operator.
The vessels will utilise a Robert Allan Ltd ASD tug design.
Each tug will have a length of 25.4 metres, a width of 11.8 metres, and a depth of 4.6 metres. Twin MTU 16V4000M63L 2,240kW diesel engines will deliver a sailing speed of 12 knots.
The tugs will also be equipped with diesel-driven firefighting pumps for their onboard FiFi1 systems mounted on the main engines.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy