Sanmar laid the keel of a new ASD tug ordered by Latvian harbour and sea towage company PKL Flote on October 26.
The vessel, which has been provisionally named Sirapinar VIII, belongs to a series of Robert Allan Ltd-designed compact tugs.
Sirapinar VIII will have a length of 22 metres, twin Caterpillar 3512C 1,500kW diesel engines, and a bollard pull ahead of 50 tonnes.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | Helm-to-prop updates for D4/D6 engine range
- First F125 frigate commissioned into German Navy
- C-Innovation to perform RLWI work for BP
- Prysmian secures DolWin5 grid connection for offshore wind farms in Germany
- Failure of towboat company to follow safety policies led to fatal capsizing, NTSB report finds