Azerbaijan’s Baku International Sea Trade Port recently took delivery of two new tugs manufactured by Turkish company Loyd Shipyard.
Alat and SilkWay will be utilised for rescue operations and firefighting in addition to their primary role of ship handling.
Alat and SilkWay have bollard pulls of 50 tonnes and 74 tonnes, respectively. These are the newest two out of seven tugs in the Baku port’s 12-vessel fleet.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance
- VESSEL REVIEW | Harald – Flexible landing craft for Stockholm archipelago