Iskes Towage and Salvage officially named its two new Damen ASD tugs Mars and Mercurius in a ceremony held at IJmuiden Port, Amsterdam.
Mars and Mercurius will operate mainly in the ports of IJmuiden (Amsterdam) and Europort (Rotterdam), but are also available for assignments further offshore in the North Sea.
Each of the new tugs has a bollard pull of 82.5 tonnes and feature a number of modifications by Iskes.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance
- VESSEL REVIEW | Harald – Flexible landing craft for Stockholm archipelago