Shipbuilder PaxOcean Group of Singapore has won an international bid process to supply a pair of new tugs to Taiwan, for delivery in 2020.
The owner, which currently operates nine tugs, is Mailiao Harbor Administration Corporation (MHAC), a subsidiary of Formosa Petrochemical Corporation, Taiwan.
The tugs will be Voith-propelled and designed for harbour, offshore terminal, or tanker escort duties.
Mercator sells 2006-built VLCC
in Tanker World
- OPINION | The high seas danger to workers in Taiwan’s fishing fleet
- Ørsted takes final investment decision on Changhua 1 and 2a offshore wind farm
Austal delivers second high-speed catamaran ferry to Brave Line
- Work begins on Damen CTV pair for Hung Hua Construction
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding