VT Halter Marine will begin construction of an articulated tug barge (ATB) tug under a new contract with longtime customer Bouchard Transportation.
The ABS-classed tug, which measures 34 by 10 by five metres, will be named Evening Stroll.
Evening Stroll will be a sister vessel to Denise A. Bouchard (pictured), Evening Star, and Evening Breeze. Evening Breeze is currently under construction at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula shipyard and is scheduled for delivery during the first quarter of 2019.
Evening Stroll will be a 2,982kW twin screw ATB tug classed by ABS as + A1 Ocean Towing, Dual Mode ATB, USCG Subchapter M, meeting US EPA-Tier 4 requirements. It will be equipped with an Intercon Coupler System.
VT Halter Marine’s contract with Bouchard Transportation also includes an option for a second vessel.
Evening Stroll will be built at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula shipyard with delivery scheduled for December 2019. The vessel will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York City to transport liquid petroleum products throughout the Jones Act market.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials