VT Halter Marine will begin construction of an articulated tug barge (ATB) tug under a new contract with longtime customer Bouchard Transportation.
The ABS-classed tug, which measures 34 by 10 by five metres, will be named Evening Stroll.
Evening Stroll will be a sister vessel to Denise A. Bouchard (pictured), Evening Star, and Evening Breeze. Evening Breeze is currently under construction at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula shipyard and is scheduled for delivery during the first quarter of 2019.
Evening Stroll will be a 2,982kW twin screw ATB tug classed by ABS as + A1 Ocean Towing, Dual Mode ATB, USCG Subchapter M, meeting US EPA-Tier 4 requirements. It will be equipped with an Intercon Coupler System.
VT Halter Marine’s contract with Bouchard Transportation also includes an option for a second vessel.
Evening Stroll will be built at VT Halter Marine’s Pascagoula shipyard with delivery scheduled for December 2019. The vessel will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York City to transport liquid petroleum products throughout the Jones Act market.
- VT Halter Marine delivers LNG-powered Con-Ro vessel to Crowley Maritime
- VT Halter Marine launches tug Evening Breeze for Bouchard Transportation
- VT Halter Marine to build berthing barges for US Navy
- Crowley Maritime christens new Con-Ro ship
- Keppel AmFELS holds steel-cutting ceremony for LNG-fueled containership
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance
- VESSEL REVIEW | Harald – Flexible landing craft for Stockholm archipelago