Wilson Sons Estaleiros has delivered the third tug in a series to SAAM SMIT Towage in Brazil. The vessel is part of a four-vessel order, the final unit of which the shipyard is on track to deliver according to schedule in November this year.
Designed by Damen Shipyards, the tugs are 24 metres in length, with a beam of 11 metres and offer a bollard pull of 70 tonnes.
They were designed with high manoeuvrability and excellent seakeeping behaviour in mind.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Tour boat damaged, five injured following collision with yacht near Aeolian Islands
- Vietnamese boat detained for illegal fishing in Southern Philippines
- Brevik Fergeselskap orders electric ferry from Holland Shipyards
- Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- US Navy issues draft RFP for corvette-sized USVs