Dakota Creek Industries was awarded a US$53 million contract for the detail design and construction of four 808-class harbour tugs by the US Navy.
This contract includes options inclusive of two additional craft which, if exercised, would bring the cumulative value of this contract to US$84.5 million.
Work will be performed in Anacortes, Washington, and is expected to be completed by October 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance