Smit Lamnalco took delivery of two ASD tugs from Damen Shipyards on July 10.
The two new tugs will be directly deployed at an Oman India Fertiliser Company dedicated terminal in the Port of Sur and will be owned and operated by the joint venture Bahwan Lamnalco Company.
In November 2017, Smit Lamnalco announced that it had ordered four ASD tugs from Damen following an award of two major contracts in Oman and Australia.
SL Murjan and SL Lulu were built by Damen Song Cam Shipyard in Vietnam.
The following two tugs will head for the mining town of Weipa in Queensland, Australia in the fourth quarter of 2018, where they will be deployed on a Rio Tinto project.
The tugs provide a bollard pull of 80 tonnes.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding